Saturday, December 13, 2008

Staying in touch....

This is supposed to be a daily blog. I'm painting daily, can't help it, but am on a long project.

Just to prove that I am painting... here are a couple of pics of my 'daily' companion, 'Sargent' the cat. I've been working on this large painting for awhile now.

Sargent is getting tired of it and I can tell he's wondering just when I'm going to post the final? He's so relaxed that he's begun to cross his back legs during his daily snoozing and watching up on the steps!

You might notice that Sargent is a Hemingway Cat... a polydactyl cat. It makes him 'special'. :-) (good thing for him!)

I'm not too far from finishing if he'll just be patient.....



7 comments:

Colin Page said...

Hey Marc,

I'm not sure how Sargent proves that you're painting. Those photos prove that he's working, but I'm not sure about you!

We have 2 cats, both polydachtyl, and one looks awfully similar to Sargent. His name is Matisse. He's not as good at paint handling as your cat, but man, the colors he choses!! Just breathtaking.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Well.... good point!!! ;-)

With those extra toes they can really smear the pigments around. Supposed to be smarter too...right....?

By the way, your crate looked good. I've made way too many of those and from what I could see you did a 1st class job.

Solvay said...

meowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Marc R. Hanson said...

Well said....:-)

Solvay said...

my cat, Girlie, is battling her tail right now. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Boylie never stoops to such frivolity. He sits by, regally tolerating Girlie's lack of bodily self-editing.

Pattie Wall said...

What a cutie - ! I love those polydactyls!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love him!