Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Peace in the Studio...


'River's Silence' - oil - 18x36 - © Marc R. Hanson '10
A tranquil place... seems appropriate. ;-)

Concerning the evil flax situation... I've subdued the troublesome beast and saved it for another adventure by giving it a good scraping and wiping down, and then smothering it in a coat of good ol' lead carbonate! Off to the drying rack for it now!!!

Some day I'll give it a reprieve and subject it to another session of flailing hog hair bristles and pigment filled oil. In the meantime, I saved the drawing and have stretched up another, known... 'friendly'... woven flax, field of battle. I'm now in the process of taming the new foe and bringing victory to the studio!!! :-)

More to come...

9 comments:

L.Holm said...

absolutely beautiful!
glad the offending substrate has been tamed and cornered. ;-)

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thanks Liz... :-) Just another day at the office huh?

Frank P. Ordaz said...

I just love he mood and colors....very calming indeed....

Robert Perrish said...

Have you tried the RayMar oil primed panels? I've only used the small ones with good results.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hi Frank!!! Say, I loved your entry, Sam Hyde Harris, in the FASO contest. Great portrait. Thanks for your comments.


Bob... Yeah... I like them but I'm mainly running into an issue with large stretched pieces.

rahina q.h. said...

this must have been so satisfying to do after the previous problems: it clearly emanates peace:)

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hi Rahina... You are right, it woud have been. I posted this painting from the past, painted a couple of years ago, because it seemed like a good illustration to go along with my ramblings here on the blog.

My new version is a lot better... I'll post it.

Liz said...

Gorgeous painting!

loriann said...

Absolutely beautiful!