Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 2009 Painting Marathon Redux

(It would have actually been enjoyable to have done this marathon this year, 2010. The weather is SO much nicer...)

April 20, 2009

I would love to tell you how beautiful it was today. If you like Wind, Cold and Sleet, it was gorgeous! My portfolio for the day reflects what there was to deal with. It’s good to be back, but will be worlds better when this current front gets the heck out’a here.


“Ditch” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
As you can see... WE HAVE GREEN! Yipee!!! Once the sun returns, tomorrow or Wednesday, the color is going to be a riot to paint. Today was powerful. But this morning was just plain ‘hypothermia’ inducing chilly. The cows watched me as I painted this one.



“Noon Rain” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
By now it was blowing and raining so hard that I just pulled the truck over onto an easement and painted from the front seat. The photo of this is not very sharp, my apologies for that. I like the subtle shaft of light in the distance and that’s why this one was painted.



“Deer Stand” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
Up here these are as common a sight as jungle gyms in suburbia are. There is a permanent stand in any good looking funnel or edge where the trees meet the open fields. Pretty big ones too.


“It’s Over” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
I was ready for today to close. Truthfully, the weather was as brutal as it’s been all month. Not as cold, but just plain nasty today. I grabbed what little bit of color there was towards the end and made the most out of it.

4 comments:

Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Just want to say thank you for sharing your wonderful plein paintings. Your work is excellent.

Michael Chesley Johnson said...

Nice work, Marc! By the way, I stopped in Windrush Gallery and saw your work there. Beautiful! Glad you've got some pieces in.

Susan Renee Lammers said...

Great paintings! Did you paint all 4 today? I did 2 on top of Cadillac Mountain. Funny! I painted one in my car too. It was raining! I like them all.

Houston emergency room said...

Noon rain does look quite ominous. Great work on all the paintings.