Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 2009 Painting Marathon Redux

April 22,2009

Today was... peaceful. I got a slow start today. First order of business was to mail my accepted painting to the OPA National Exhibition to be held at Sage Creek Gallery in Santa Fe, NM. A little change in plans about that too. I’ve been invited to give a public painting demonstration for the OPA conference on Saturday, May 2, along with four other painters. More on that in a few days when the official announcement is made by OPA.

I know I’ve posted this info before, but I keep getting questions about it. If you are not getting the Newsletter your email program might be rejecting it as Spam from time to time. If that happens, go into my website and “re-subscribe” again. I don’t have the time to do it for you. It happens often so check your email security and see if you can set it to allow my Newsletter to come through without being bumped. I’m not doing it, it’s your computers.

Also, people are still asking how to buy these paintings. Go to my website and to the Paintings page, then to the April Painting Marathon page. Open the images there to larger than thumbnails and they will have a PayPal buy now button... IF they are for sale. If not, then they’ve sold. The paintings are not for sale on my blog. Thanks.



“Freshly Plowed” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
As in... the farmer and tractor were getting closer to me the longer that I painted! This is my favorite white house from a totally new station point. I might find myself in their yard one of these days.



“CJ’s Bar and Grill” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
I’ve never been in here, really, but I’ve driven past it a million times. This is sunny Palmdale, MN. The only thing in Palmdale is CJ’s, other than many farms and homes in the surrounding area. I don’t know what the geographic boundaries of Palmdale are, but if it’s all the country that I daily travel through and paint, it is beautiful. I have not seen any palms however.



“On The Balsam” oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
This is one of my favorite places to be. I feel like I’m in a remote northern place away from all the noise and hustle of most other places no matter how small. This is a little get away. It was a mill between 1902 and 1944. The Kennedy Mill, as I’ve mentioned before during this project. Who ever was here early on either planted or didn’t cut down some extremely large, beautiful white pine trees with the branches that speak of ages of enduring. If I had my choice in trees to surround my life they would be... White Pine, Balsam Fir, Eastern hemlock and American Chestnut. A piece of land full of those four main species of trees and I’d feel like I was in heaven.



“Balsam End’ oil 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
The end of a beautiful day in a beautiful place.

6 comments:

Theresa Rankin said...

Congrats on the demo invite...I am sure it will be inspiring! Everyone of these paintings are so fresh and beautiful...I am a big fan of your work!!

Susan Renee Lammers said...

I love your paintings! Thanks for taking the time to inspire us artists! It is too bad there is no "BUY IT NOW" button under each painting in the blog! People are so impulsive nowdays! I wanted to go to the Oil Painters Of America plein aire event this next week. Next year! I am proud to be a new associate member! Yea!

Judy P. said...

I'm always amazed at your color sense- you always capture that realistic feeling of light!

Dennis Dame said...

Really like the bar and grill one!!
the blue works great!

amarylisb said...

Got your book today! Wonderful! I have been through it several times already and even referenced your color palette for one of my paintings I've been struggling over. My favorite? It's difficult to choose, but I do love the evening painting on the back cover...wow.

Marian Fortunati said...

Wonderful....
Would love to be able to create such paintings so beautifully... lose and simple but they read so well.