Thursday, August 19, 2010

Taylors Falls Ten PM

Oil on canvas - 8x10 © Marc R. Hanson'10

This nocturne was painted from life in Taylors Falls last week during my workshop on our 'Nocturne Night'.

Also, this is a first for me, a trial run if you will. I have listed this painting as an auction item on 'ebay'. I have a lot of smaller paintings hanging around that are taking up my studio space and I need the room to work. :) I may be posting some of those in time.

If you are game, you can click on the link below the painting and go there to take a look.




Click here to bid on this painting

4 comments:

sarah meredith said...

I would love to have seen your paintings in person in MA - they are terrific!

Dalibor Dejanovic said...

Nice painting!

I am puzzled how did you paint it at night, I mean did you have sufficient lighting for your pallet and canvas? Was it illuminated by the street lamp (which gives strong orange cast)! This is quite exciting to see as I have been thinking of painting a plein air nocturne for some time but had no guts to try it...

Cheers

Beth said...

Very nice painting, Marc, I like the freedom of the brushwork and controlled palette.

Vicki Sergent said...

Do like the colors a lot and am looking forward to the upcoming marathon.