Friday, September 24, 2010

Nocturnes Friday & Saturday...

I want to let you know that if you're following this, the nocturnes for tonight and tomorrow night might be painted in the wee hours of the morning, before sunrise, for a change of pace and to try to "out smart" the rain and wind! Wish me luck with that one.

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile now, to paint early in the morning rather than right after dark. With the full moon (if we can see it), the light should be amazingly bright again. I'm looking forward to that. So instead of catching the last light and then dark, I'll be trying to catch dark and the first light. Fun...

Posting may wait until later in the day... A few people have indicated that they're using these posts to start things off each day. Sorry to interrupt that again, but it's all fluid.

Here's one from a few years ago for fun...


'Wild Mountain Nocturne' 6x8

5 comments:

Lorna said...

That is stunning Marc. Thank you for sharing.

Gary Keimig said...

it is very nice Marc. Great color work.

Daroo said...

One problem with painting early in the morning is people start waking up and turning on lights.

Jesus Estevez said...

nice

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thanks Lorna, Gary and Jesus!

Daroo... that's funny. So far they're not getting up too early, but in my driving around that early all of the dairy farmers are up milking. I"m going to try to meet some of them so that I can come by when it's dark to paint the barns with the dairy stalls lit. It's a very cool thing to see. Wish I had thought of that before.