Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 16, 2010

I feel gooo-ood! (James Brown impersonation) Back at it tonight. Looking for the half moon but the cloud cover foiled that idea. I painted the canyon walls inside the Interstate Park right at sunset for the first one, then went into down town Taylors Falls and painted the our US Post Office building.



SOLD
9/16-1 'Canyon Sunset'
The color was inspiring as the clouds just broke a enough after the sun was down to reveal the warmth of the end of the day sky!


SOLD
9/16-2 'US Post Office-Taylors Falls, MN'
This is our stalwart little post office. I just liked the light on the building front. I spend so much time there that it was good to see it from this point of view.

8 comments:

Eugene said...

"9/16-1 'Canyon Sunset'
The color of the was inspiring as the clouds just broke a enough after the sun was down to reveal the warmth of the end of the day sky!"


Is it just me or is that sentence a little hard to understand. ;-) lol

Love the colours. Glad to see you back into it.

Marian Fortunati said...

Glad you're better!!!

beckielboo said...

I am just loving your night scenes. I watched with great envy the selling of "Crescent Over the Carriage House" on EBay. Beautiful work Marc!

tracywall said...

Hi Marc,
I'm a little new to your blog. That said, I love these little night paintings. Thank you for the tips from last post; I'm planning on painting tonight.

RUDHI - Chance said...

Impressing, your value perfections...

mitzi rothman said...

Somethng comforting and reassuring about the scenes you pick and the way you paint them. Stirring a memory of sometime past.

Tess Traylor Walls said...

These are my favorites yet...beautiful. You're sooooo great at capturing the quality of the light....

pastelliste said...

Thank you for this beautiful painting !