Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17, 2010

If you see a painting here this morning, I'm surprised! I painted one nocturne last night but wasn't sure if I'd have time this morning to post it.

I teach a 2 day workshop this weekend in Zumbrota, MN about an hour and a half from me. What I think will end up happening is this... I'm still painting nocturnes, but the posting may have to wait until Sunday or Monday morning. I'm not quite sure how else to do it. I finish up late, leave before 6:30 am to make the drive to the workshop. That doesn't leave much time to shoot, edit, post on the blog, eBay, website and Facebook.


SOLD
9/17-1 'Tangled in Blue'
This is a local dining establishment on the main drag here in Taylors Falls. On site, I could not seem to get the cool violets and blues I was seeing in the scene. Turns out that the reason was, once again, the orange street lamps. Once I was home I saw that the colors I thought I was mixing were there. This says a lot for trusting yourself when painting these things.

4 comments:

Hampton House Art and Framing said...

I just have to say, I love the work. Nice "feelings" coming from the paintings. You've done a great job of capturing the season as it moves to a close.

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

That is very interesting - one of my teachers, Everett Raymond Kinstler, says to "trust your palette" which is what you are doing!

Prabha N. said...

I love these nocturnes as new rich colors are turning up in your paintings Marc. Your series are much looked forward to.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thanks all.

Laurel you heard exactly what I'm dealing with from Raymond! It's amazing to me that I can't see what I'm accurately mixing out there.