Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 18, 2010

First day of my workshop in Zumbrota, MN and it was kind of chilly, wet and just not much fun until after lunch time! Then it warmed up a little and made our day a little bit nicer. Following class I made the drive north, made a stop in Stillwater for some homemade chicken soup (thanks Kami :), and then drove into William O'Brien State Park, just north of Marine on St. Croix, and painted this piece. Only one tonight. I'll admit to being tired by 9:30 at night, after getting on the road at 6:30 am, teaching all day and a lot of driving.


SOLD
9/18 'Moon Over O'Brien'
Almost a full moon, 5 days or so to go. I had it going, bright moon and painting away, then the clouds rolled in and that was it for me, too dark to make it interesting. I'm anxious to paint the next week when the moon is moving into it's full phase.

3 comments:

Ray Craighead said...

I LIKE it! I thought of you last night as I enjoyed a view of the moon dancing behind the clouds.

Keep up the great work.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you Ray.

Christopher O'Handley said...

Beautiful rendition of clouds and moon!