Friday, September 24, 2010

September 23, 2010

It rained and rained and rained. Tonight had me limited to either in the car, the coffee shop didn't work out, the car didn't work out either. So when the rain let up for a little bit I set up under the awning of the Chisago House Restaurant and painted the corner of the street where the Bakery is... in the rain!

Only one painting in the bag for tonight. I started one in the car and ended up wiping it due to not being able to see well enough with the heavy rain. Just didn't work out...


Click Here to Bid.
9/23 'Corner of Bench and First St'
In the rain this was a beautiful corner of TF to paint tonight. I even had the assistance of lights from under the awning on the Chisago House until the owner left at 9pm. My little light did the job for the next half hour though and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome of this one. It feels wet, it was wet.

8 comments:

Ray Craighead said...

Super!

Sunny said...

It LOOKS wet! Beautiful!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I love this one - looks great!

Bruce Newman said...

The wetness really makes this painting, IMO. Wonderful, Marc!

Mick Carney said...

I feel the wetness. Lovely piece.

Kelley Sanford said...

Great piece. You're kind of like the postman, through rain, sleet or snow...I'm impressed.

Vicki Sergent said...

It did turn out beautifully. From an aesthetic point of view, I'd say it was worth it (but can't say about the artist's comfort factor...).

Nicole MacP said...

What a neat image, really draws the viewer in!