Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 25, 2010... Again!

Just dawned on me (seriously, no pun intended) that the nocturne I did last night made 3 for Saturday the 25th! Now I feel better about not painting a second one last night.

I did get up at 4 am again this morning to try to get another one in but the moon light wasn't very good, pretty dull in fact as was the sunrise. I saw it, said "That's boring"... I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad I saw another... but it was cloudless and a litttle flat. This of course is all in relation to my having to go out and stand in the temps that are now approaching the 30's. You need some inspiration to do that in September!!!


SOLD
9/25-3 'Harvest Moonrise'
I was out in the country side waiting for dark, what a strange life I lead, when it got DARK! I check the tables so I knew that the moon was to rise at 7:38 or there about. I'm sitting on tailgate with the easel ready to go, looking at where the moon would come up. Nothing... then a glance 30ยบ to the north, behind me, and holy moly... it's on it's way up, just starting to peak over the rise out in that direction! I grabbed the tripod and brushes and ran to the front of my truck and started painting. It rose fast but I zeroed in on it when about 3/4's of it was about the land in front of me. I decided to make it all about the moon, not much detail and in fact it was so bright that it obliterated everything with in my field of vision in front of me. It was very cool.

7 comments:

Mike Neilson said...

Getting up at 4am when it's cold and dark out...then coming out and waiting for it to get dark again that same day...that's determination!
Marc, I'm really enjoying reading about your experiences in creating these wonderful little paintings. I'm amazed at the variety of subject and color harmony you've painted... and you're showing us how much brilliant color there is out there even in the dark of night. Very inspiring.

Anita said...

exiting!!!!

billspaintingmn said...

Very good Marc! I'm inspired everytime I see your posts!

Bruce Newman said...

One night last week, I was off by 90°...and I usually have a good sense of direction! :-) Another nice one, Marc. I've loved the color you've had in these recently.

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Beautiful! This is absolutely one of my favorite times of the year!

Marilyn R Miller said...

The paiting is way cool too, in a warm and wonderful way!

Jean Spitzer said...

Beautiful.