Sunday, August 12, 2012

Demos from my last Taylors Falls Workshop




I've just finished a great workshop, my last at my Minnesota studio, the 6th Annual.  Below are the full demos that I did for the class and a group shot of some wonderful people who came to study painting with me from 7 different states.  It was a great week, I'll miss holding classes at this location.  

"Tree-O" - pastel - 9x12 ©2012 Marc R. Hanson

I neglected to add this piece which was done as the last demo on Friday afternoon for about 7 of my students who wanted to see me do a pastel.  I hadn't had time, until we were finally done with the critique early.  Everyone was spent, including me, but we found some shade, they got some chairs, and I painted the trees up the hill behind me in the yard.  I enjoyed using the pastels after a long week of oil painting.


'Crex Sun' - oil - 16x20 ©2012 Marc R. Hanson


'A Brief Respite' - oil - 14x18 ©2012 Marc R. Hanson


'Croix Tones' - oil - 11x14 ©2012 Marc R. Hanson



The last class at my Minnesota studio in Taylors Falls.  Artists from 7 states, some who've been with me a number of times, some who I've just had the pleasure of meeting and painting with.  One and all, a wonderful bunch of people and artists.  Thank you all for the time you gave to learn and enjoy this love we share.  




3 comments:

Bruce Trewin said...

Great stuff Marc
And great to see you back on the blog. Can we ask why you are no longer using the Taylor Falls workshop studio?

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hi Bruce and thank you. I'm moving to Colorado in September.

Shelley Whiting said...

I love A Brief Respite. It is a very dramatic and moody artwork. Beautiful and gorgeous work.