Sunday, March 23, 2014

Workshop Announced - June 2-6, 2014 - Akron, Ohio!

I'm very happy to be able to announce a new workshop to be held June 2-6, 2014, in Akron, Ohio in conjunction with the Akron Society of Artists.

This workshop will be five days of painting outside in the landscape, for intermediate and advanced painters , working in oils, pastels or acrylics. I work in all three of those mediums on location and in the studio, and am happy to see artists in my workshops with any of the three.

Since we all come to painting with a lot of information and history of our own, it’s not possible for me to know each individual students’ experience and abilities. I employ exercises in my workshops to help you strengthen your current abilities, and expose those skills that need strengthening. I work with each individual student at their own level, spend a lot of time at your easel, giving individual instruction. I demo everything that I ask you to do.

You’ll leave the workshop having spent five days studying the basic elements of painting… Drawing, Value, Color, Edges and Design… with one other element, possibly the most important one of all… Concept… being explored and discussed at length.

You will go home with a portfolio full of valuable exercises that you can refer back to as you move forward in your own painting process.

All I ask is that you come with an inquisitive and open mind, and the Art Spirit within you.


1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi Marc, did you receive my message on facebook?
Diane