Saturday, September 13, 2008




"The First Morning" - 10x8 - oil on linen on panel. © Marc R. Hanson 2008

Well time keeps on 'slipping' away! I've been painting, a lot, but in the studio mostly in prep for the show in November at Coleman Fine Art in Charleston. I thought I'd post the most recent ad that they placed in American Art Collector, and a larger photo of the field study that is in the ad. This was the first painting I did in NOLA with Mary Whyte last February. I'm currently working on a 40x30 painting of a very rainy noon hour on the streets of the French Quarter. When I was there it really poured a couple of days and that left a pretty good impression on me.

Next week will find me in Ohio teaching a 3 day workshop and judging a plein air and quickdraw event for the OPAS (Ohio Plein Air Society). Can't wait to meet new painters and friends. Thanks for looking in.

5 comments:

Jana Van Wyk said...

Hi Marc, I linked to your blog and to Kami's blog - I was in Camille Przewodek's class with Kami and I met you there. Keep up the blogging!

Jana
www.janavanwyk.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

I missed seeing new work from you Marc! This is simply stunning, I love it!!! You continue to inspire me :)

Teresa
www.teresamadsen.com

Deborah Secor said...

I can hardly wait to see what you do with the rain in New Orleans, Marc. I recall when we did our telephone interview for the recent PJ article on skies you had just returned from your trip there.

I've started 'nearly daily' blogging now, so I hope you don't mind if I add a link to your blog! Come by and visit when you have the time...

Deborah
http://deborahsecor.blogspot.com/

Theresa Rankin said...

Beautiful painterly style...good luck at your show!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I KNEW there was a poster posted somewhere.....Nov. 7.
I assume you'll be down there for the opening. Great weather down there, usually, this time of year! Have a great time!!!