Saturday, January 24, 2015

New Studio Work

This is a collection of studio work that I have completed since finally getting some extended time following about 6 months of traveling to paint in events and teach.  I normally paint on one painting at a time, but in the last months have been starting a new one whenever one I was working on, needed a rest, consideration or I simply needed a change of scenery.  The large oils have all come to a finished state, they're never really finished, in the last couple of days.  Thanks for looking in.

Oils and pastels...

'Along the Path' - oil - 30x40

'End of Another Day' - oil - 36x48

'Light Bank' - oil - 20x30

'Stalker' - oil - 30x40

'Beaver Work' - pastel - 16x20

'Old Milk House' - pastel - 12x16

'A February Snow' - pastel - 18x24

'January Hoar Frost' - oil - 8x9.5



13 comments:

Haidee-Jo Summers said...

Brilliant work Marc. I especially like 'light bank', 'along the path' and I love love love the high key 'January hoar frost' with its subtle cool/warm colour shifts. Bravo!

René PleinAir said...

What a treat!!

Just stunning, if I might pick one it would be the last in this serie "January Hoar Frost" It has a Bato Dugarzhapov feel to it, ... cold but so heartwarming beautiful.

ricardokeith said...

Wow, what an amazing work you have done! I loved Light Bank oil paintings most. Well, are paintings are stunning. Can you share some more pictures of Aboriginal Art form? Which painting you do most like oil paintings or Aboriginal Art work?

Sue Marrazzo said...

LOVE the snow scenes! WOW!

ART-TRAVELLER said...

These are absolutely amazing paintings. The whole atmosphere is so beautifully captured !!!

Peter Russell said...

Good art work.

Eugene Veszely said...

G'day Marc

I sent you an email about 4 weeks ago, did you get it?

Be nice to hear from you.

Regards

Eugene

Diana Hobson said...

Lovely work; I especially like the first one the most. It is so cool and the scenery in it is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, this is great.

Abstract Oil Painting New York

Helen Read said...

I am drawn to your use of light and color! Beautiful work!!

Art Paintings said...

Amazing Artworks Marc!!

maalari ja piirtäjä said...

Terveisiä Suomesta, hienoja maalauksia. Oli pakko liittyä blogisi seuraajaksi

maalari ja piirtäjä said...

Terveisiä Suomesta, hienoja maalauksia, oli pakko liittyä blogisi seuraajaksi

Mike Kennedy said...

I think I first saw your work in plein air magazine and have checked you out since. Love your work. Enjoy seeing you on 'where in the world is plein air' too!

Mike