Monday, October 13, 2008


'Noon Hour Shower' - oil - 40x30 © Marc R. Hanson 08
I'm slightly hesitant to post this painting. Only because it's pretty large and pushing the limits of my ability to take a good photo of it. There is a lot going on in this one that isn't showing up in the photo. So come to Charleston, SC in November if you 'really' want to see what's going on in it.

Oh, I wanted to mention that these two ladies were meter maids on lunch break. I'd guess that parking anywhere you wanted to that day wouldn't have mattered much to these two.

9 comments:

Sikiu Perez said...

Thank you for posting this picture, I love it! I can see myself walking on that street and hear the rain.

Marc R. Hanson said...

sikiu... I guess it was a successful painting then! Thank you.

Karen Hargett said...

Marc this is great! I love the water splashing down from the downspout and in/out of the drain. Great atmosphere - well done.

Alexandre Jay said...

Wow! This a great painting full of atmosphere. The rain, the car headlights, and reflections on the pavement (sidewalk to you...lol) are all very cool.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hi Karen...Hey! I'm just happy that despite the title, you all can tell it's rain. :) Thank you.

Alexandre...I call it pavement too. Hmmm? I appreciate your comments. It was a FUN painting to paint.

Anonymous said...

a lot sure comes through, despite the photo limitations, and i'm sure glad you posted it! i have great appreciation for your verisimilitude skills - and your ability to paint precipitation - snow, and in this case, rain. really lovely.

Anonymous said...

well, sometime this month, anyway.....
:)

E-J said...

If only I were able to come and view it in person! Alas, it's a tad too far.

Your work is beautiful. I agree with Sikiu: it's as if I can hear that rain.

cat said...

the light in this is beautiful.