Monday, March 3, 2014

Small studio pastel studies.

I've posted these before, but have just added them to the Daily Paintworks gallery where my art is featured for sale.   I am working on larger studio paintings from two of these now, using the cold wax medium with oil paints.  Will post the results as they're finished.  Cold wax is an extremely interesting medium that I am fully loving investigating.  I'm painting on Baltic Birch cradled panels that have been sealed with PVA and two coats of acrylic polymer primer (mistakenly labeled and called 'gesso').   These pastels are on sanded pastel paper mounted to Pacific Mount self adhesive 3x mount board.  They were done with a lot of exploration in mind to express an emotional concept, more than a specific location or subject.

"Complimentary Tree" - pastel - 6x6 - $250.00
SOLD

"Southern Colorado" - pastel - 6x8 - $275.00
SOLD


"The Last of Winter" - pastel - 6x8 - $275.00
SOLD

"The Softer Side" - pastel - 6x8 - $275.00
SOLD

3 comments:

Stephanie Berry said...

Beautiful pastels! I've been trying cold wax medium too. I look forward to you sharing more about your experience with them. I'm not certain I like the matte finish. Happy painting!

Stephanie Berry said...

Beautiful pastels! I've been trying cold wax medium too. I look forward to you sharing more about your experience with them. I'm not certain I like the matte finish. Happy painting!

Rachel said...

Beautiful pastel paintings