Thursday, November 10, 2016

How to get photos on the computer to Instagram!

Sometimes someone says something to help you out that is worth a big hug!  If I knew her, I'd give fellow artist and blogger, Jessica Kirby, one right now!  I asked in the comments on the previous post if there was a way to get higher quality photos off of the computer, onto Instagram from the computer.

Jessica replied that you could use Dropbox... huh?  There is a Dropbox App (I may be the only one who didn't know this) that will allow you to access your Dropbox files on the computer (where I keep good photos of paintings taken with other than the iPhone camera), save them to your Photos App on your phone, and simply use them to post to Instagram on the phone!  Seemed too good to be true... It's not!  It works like a charm.

To make it a little more clear for all of us visuals out there, here is a short 2+ minute video to explain it simply.  I did just as this guy suggests, and was posting in about 10 minutes from Dropbox.

Love when this works like this...

4 comments:

newyorkcitypainter said...

Marc, you were not the only one who did not know about the dropbox app. I didn't either, but I will be using it from now on. Thanks for the video and thanks Jessica Kirby!

Marc R. Hanson said...

Isn't that a great way to use Instagram?!

Love2paint said...

Marc,I use Gramblr to upload images from my laptop to Instagram if they are from my higher quality Canon camera. Try it, it is easy to use from your desktop or laptop. I upload from my android many times too. But if I take photos of nature or art with my super great dSLR, I get spoiled on the quality and want to share those.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you, Esther! Another great app to help with Instagram. I'm going to dig into it later.