Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12, 2009... Happy Easter!

Oh man, do I ever like this new version of the weather. Today I painted in one location all day. I found an extraordinary marsh/bog wetland with all kinds of painting possibilities. Every time I turned left or right there was another painting to be had. I mentioned on my blog post yesterday that I avoided doing this, standing in one spot and simply turning for the four paintings. In this case it was the perfect solution. Easter Day was very nice.


“Easter Grass” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
Easter is the theme today. I couldn’t find an Easter Egg hunt or any colored eggs out there, but I did find Nature’s version of the Easter theme for the day.


“Easter Day” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
This is the day in a nutshell. Bright, uplifting light all day long.


“Easter Eggs” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
See the wood duck house... Mother Nature’s wild version of Easter Eggs in there I imagine!


“Easter Color” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
The sky reflection in water over the last few days has been extraordinary in it’s clarity and color intensity. I saw all of the brilliant colors that the season represents reflected in this composition.

7 comments:

Kathleen Harrington Paints said...

One location - and four wonderful palettes... cant decide which I like best!
Happy Easter!

L.Holm said...

Hi, Marc. I've quite given up trying to pick a favorite. All of your work is so superb. Each one so beautifully captures the the light and color. Am just in awe.

Judy Fischer Walton said...

I am just amazed at the paintings you do. I saw a scene just like Easter Eggs/wood duck house at our local Nature Center and passed it by because I thought it dull. Your work is incredible. Hopefully I can look at the scenes and see how I can enhance Nature!

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you Kathleen...Hope your Easter was good too.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Hi Liz... Thank you very much. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you Judy. If I cause that to happen for you, I'm honored.

Solvay said...

Easter Grass - my favorite of this bunch - lovely hopeful motion.....like green waking up and about to step out of the house for the day.

It was a nice day, wasn't it.
: )