Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 2009 Painting Marathon Redux

April 15, 2009

Half way today!

I have got to tell you that I have enjoyed every single miserable weather day, every single warm day, every single email from all of you, every single location, every single sale, every single frantic moment, and especially having (self awarded privilege) a month of not worrying one bit about the house, car or anything other than painting. Heck... I’m on vacation! Thank you.


“Dog House” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
Out of all of the buildings on this farm, the little dog house caught my eye and got me to stop and paint. Lucky dog!



“Fenceline Elm” oil, 7x5 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
This is what the dog, whoever he or she is, gets to sit and bark at. I’m sure that many a hawk or owl have made this tree a roosting place and had a grand time enticing ole’ Fido to give them a piece of it’s mind.


“Orange Swing” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
I’m driving slowly along, much to the dismay of anyone behind me, tonight on a local county gravel road, when all of a sudden amidst the dull landscape surrounding it is this almost fluorescent orange swing hung from an old elm tree branch.


“Wow!” oil, 5x7 © Marc R. Hanson 2009
The title refers to my thoughts as I frantically tried to get the color in front of me down on the panel. This is what being a painter is all about. A nearly orgasmic high at the sight of color that is most deeply felt and experienced by standing in front of it and trying to repeat the experience with your own hand.

5 comments:

SamArtDog said...

Hard to believe someone could be enjoying these paintings more than I am. SO glad to hear that someone is you! Seeing yesterday's is always a terrific way to start today.

B Boylan said...

Love your use of the warmer colors!
Delicious!

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you Sam! :)

B... Thanks.

Dennis Dame said...

Marc, your 5" x 7" paintings are done so well - You have the "power of suggestion" dialed in so nicely that I often think these are larger pieces.

Janelle Hindman said...

Great post! I have been following your blog for a while now, and you never disappoint. Thanks so much!