Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Panel storage for the April paintings.



I thought that you might be wondering what one does with all of the paintings. When I started thinking about doing this in late March of 2009, I thought about what I would do with all of those panels once they had wet paint on them and needed somewhere to dry and stay safe (from the cat... Sargent). I went to a the music store and measured the DVD wire racks. The tallest one holds 50, the shorter two hold 32 or so. They work out perfectly and would even work for 6x8's if you put them in there the narrow way. There are about 95 paintings in this photo.

7 comments:

Ursula Andrejczuk said...

Such a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing!

Linda Shantz said...

That's an amazing idea!

Kelly Medford said...

Brillant! I think I'm going to copy your idea, I've spent a lot of time plucking cat hairs from my little paintings!

lori mcnee said...

Great idea! You are so clever...I am going to share this one on my blog. I will link back to you!
Thanks again-
Lori

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thank you Ursula! My pleasure, thank you for looking in.

Linda & Kelly... It really did work well. For my project it was important to keep the paintings in the order that they were painted. The racks did that wonderfully.

Marc R. Hanson said...

Thanks Lori. And thank you for sharing the idea on your wonderful blog. Anyone who hasn't seen her blog Fine Art Tips.... http://www.finearttips.com/... be sure to check it out. Although she's one of the most followed blogs about art on the web so you probably have seen it already.
Thanks again Lori...:)

Dee Lessard said...

Hi Mark. Thanks for this awesome idea. But I ran into a glitch... I bought a metal rack but the panels wouldn't fit. So, after seeing why, I checked out others on line and ordered one that I hope will work. Do you remember where you bought yours?
And thanks for the info on Lori's site. I plan to check it out!