Tuesday, April 6, 2010

'Spring Arrives'

I think that I'm seeing the benefits now of having spent all last April outside painting the early spring color. This is a studio painting painted from some reference that I gathered a few years ago or more. Sometimes we aren't ready to use an impression of a place until it's had time to germinate, and until we've had time to advance towards it. I love this area and have painted it, hunted it, photographed it and probably put on a good share of the 263,700 miles that are on my truck... driving in and around it. The conceptual part of this painting was formed a few years ago. Last April gave me help with the tools to see it out to the finished painting, and this spring it arrived. I hope that you enjoy it as a celebration of Spring.

This painting along with the last two paintings posted here, 'July Mill Pond' and 'Labor Day' are part of a group of paintings that are on their way to Addison Art Gallery in Orleans, MA on Cape Cod.


'Spring Arrives' - oil on board - 16x20 © Marc R. Hanson '10

6 comments:

Jesus Estevez said...

I enjoy this painting very much , the trees express a hunger for leaves as the surroundings are getting warmer

Dennis Dame said...

Really like this Marc. I think the little bit of green on the roof brings it all together! Super!

Steve Froelich said...

What I like best is your exactness regarding the colors of spring. Up close we see these little bright green buds everywhere, but block out the browns, orange and grey still clinging to winter. But they are there...Still...And Quite Dominant. But you captured it perfectly. I Never get tired of your execution.

rahina q.h. said...

the colours are so wonderfully gentle; the haziness in the distance, the land stretching out. beautiful.

Mick Carney said...

Wispy cloud and delicate emergent leaves shout the start of the year. It truly is the arrival of Spring.

billspaintingmn said...

The spaciousness! The spring blue sky! You realld did a great job of capuring this!