Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12, 2014

Almost an amazing day today... but still some cloud cover and as the day went on, some pretty stiff winds.  I grabbed the pastels again today, but took out the last piece of Wallis 'Belgian Mist' that I had.  It was definitely more workable and to my liking than the LaCarte.  Now to find some...

Not much to chat about this evening, except that it sounds like tomorrow is going to be T-shirt weather!  That's something to talk about!

Enjoy the paintings... I'm going to eat, crash and get up to make day 13 happen.

Thanks for looking in...

2-12-1 "55th St Rise" - pastel - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2014
SOLD

2-12-2 "Oxford Rd Winds" - pastel - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2014

2-12-3 "Tree Stand" - pastel - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2014
SOLD

2-12-4 "Prairie Homes" - pastel - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2104
SOLD

6 comments:

Kathryn Manzo said...

Marc,

Your rendering of snow in these is about the best I have ever seen. Truly! Exquisite!

-Kate Manzo

Dee Kirkham said...

You are a real trooper! And a great painter!

Jan Jewell said...

Dang, I wanted that last one. Just came in from painting.... in my bathing suit... in Hawaii.... and saw your post. Let me know the next time you do one like that again!

robertsloan2art said...

I can see the difference! Hope they get some Belgian Mist supply going again soon, it's wonderful. Colourfix Supertooth comes sort of close to it as does Uart though.

Love these paintings!

Debbie said...

I love your pastel work Marc!! These are really beautiful--I especially love "Pairie Homes" love the strokes of light in the foreground! A magical painting!

Gordy said...

Beautiful Marc! I lost myself in your paintings recalling all the late winters I spent in Montana with this exact feel. Well done.