Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014

Nice day, but I only came home with a couple of paintings in the creel.  Since I set this goal for myself, I'll be making these up by painting more than my goal of 4 a day, during the next few days.

The day started a little late, I had a couple of errands to do ($7.99 haircuts at Great Clips).  Already late for my normal start, and on the way to my first spot for the day, I ended up spending about an hour or so helping a guy with a BMW Z4 Roadster get out of a ditch, that he ended up in while driving it on an icy, snow packed country road where there's a drop off of about a foot or two on each side.  Not a good place for a high powered rear wheel drive sports car.  He was resting on an axle, but we managed to dig him out enough so that with his wife at the wheel, he, a lady jogger who came by, and I were able to finally push him free.

When that was over, I was at the time of day when I normally would have already had two paintings finished.

I was secretly thinking... "Good, it's only going to be warmer, later!".  The things you'll do to try making a situation for yourself better, or seem better.   I painted the first one, wiped the second one (which you can't see), painted the third one, and wiped the fourth one... which is also absent by default!  That's how it goes some days... I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

More coyotes, in fact, it sounded like the entire country side was crawling with them at one point this afternoon.  Howling all over the hills and valleys around me.  Saw three of them patrolling a fence line on my way home.

Also, this project has now turned my Honda Odyssey into an official 'paint mobile'... unless I can clean the cadmium orange and red off of the upholstery on the driver's door.  I know I can remove all of the hand prints off the door handles, and the brush marks off of the windows, no big deal.  But this upholstery situation is troubling.

Enjoy...  I'm going to get a good meal! :)

2-7-1 "A Warmer Morning" - oil - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2014
SOLD


2-7-2 "Cooling Afternoon" - oil - 8x10
©Marc R. Hanson 2014

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc, I'm really enjoying your latest endeavor. I bet you wish you had waited for spring though!
As to your car upholstery, Kiss Off Stain remover works extremely well.
Wishing you all the best for the remainder of this painting marathon (and beyond) and hoping you continue posting when it's over. It's always a pleasure and an inspiration to view your posts.

Rick Yusten said...

Marc, It is your seventh day and I think you are experience some fatigue from the long days and severe cold. Very understandable. You are inspiring me to do some plein airs in the winter. Your paintings are outstanding and I am following your informative posts daily. You are making us midwestern painters look good. Keep it up buddy. From Rick Yusten in Nebraska

Dave Casey said...

Well, like they say Marc, some days the dragon wins.

Kirk said...

try Krud Kutter, available at home depot...cleans stuff that normally does not want to be cleaned. You can test is on a hidden spot, though the cad orange si already leaving a mark.
Its not harsh but it has cleaned stuff others do not

Nsncy said...

I like your paintings and admire your drive. Keep it up.